Wood Spinner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

Made this for my wife - next one will use slats from our children's crib - this was my first attempt at a wind spinner and I didn't want to mess up the crib pieces!

spinner.jpg
Humming bird spinner.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Very nice and, I'm sure, took lots of patience to position the slats. Something unique to decorate the house.
My wife would love to have the hummingbird spinner. We got a magazine a few years ago, Birds and Blooms, that was the summer hummingbird edition. Since then, we set out 5 hummingbird feeders. I recommend the magazine, too.

Haven't tried one of those yet, but I did see some for sale at the Apple Store in Townsend, TN on one of our trips to Gatlinburg. Pretty cool spinning in the wind.
Another thing I want to try in the future is a wind harp... we had enough wind last night with the rain to really have played a tune on a wind harp.

SteveJ

A wind harp!!! I had never seen those - they sure can get expensive - and they seem beyond my abilities.

The wind spinner slat arrangement isn't really too difficult. Precision isn't necessary, so I just eyeballed moving each slat about 1/4 off the previous one to get this shape. My laser can't do larger images than what is on this, but I hope to do multiple images on the next one - with baby pictures on one side and the matching "now" picture on the other side.

Top Bottom