wood slabs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerGarrett

Hi all......long time no post.

I'm looking for slabs of cocobolo, redheart, figured rosewood, heavily spalted maple, and redwood burl. By slabs, I mean in the minimum dimensions of:

9 inches long, 4.5 inches wide, and, ideally, 1.2 inches planed thickness so I can get two lids matching from each piece.

I also am looking for 18 inch lengths that are 2 inches wide with a thickness of at least 7/8 (ideally 1.5 inches). I know that these could be rippings from other work - I use them for single baton cases.

Please - let me know if anyone has any of this stuff and would like to sell or trade. I have snakewood pen blanks I don't use and would be willing to trade (not a lot - but it they are nice).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Hi Roger, I have a number of Rosewood slabs I bought back from Pa. this past 4 moths while I was up there at my house. They are from Martin guitar and are 3 to 5 feet long and very heavy.
Keith "mrburls"

gimpy

I purchase mine from west penn hardwoods, from new york, matter of fact, I just purchase 40 bd ft................freakin awesome

Hi all......long time no post.

I'm looking for slabs of cocobolo, redheart, figured rosewood, heavily spalted maple, and redwood burl. By slabs, I mean in the minimum dimensions of:

9 inches long, 4.5 inches wide, and, ideally, 1.2 inches planed thickness so I can get two lids matching from each piece.

I also am looking for 18 inch lengths that are 2 inches wide with a thickness of at least 7/8 (ideally 1.5 inches). I know that these could be rippings from other work - I use them for single baton cases.

Please - let me know if anyone has any of this stuff and would like to sell or trade. I have snakewood pen blanks I don't use and would be willing to trade (not a lot - but it they are nice).

RogerGarrett

Hi Roger, I have a number of Rosewood slabs I bought back from Pa. this past 4 moths while I was up there at my house. They are from Martin guitar and are 3 to 5 feet long and very heavy.
Keith "mrburls"

Is any of it for sale?

Yes, I'm probable looking to sell it all.

Let me know what you are looking $ wise for the sizes I've described. Flat rate boxes take care of the weight. Pictures also?

Best,
Roger Garrett

Top Bottom