Wood pen blanks (for slimline kits)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jamespz03

Hi,

I'm looking to buy some wood pen blanks in a sampler style configuration. I'm not sure where to get these besides Amazon so I thought I would post here and see what happens.

I can pay via paypal if that works for you.

Thanks,
James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

There's a guy on eBay that sells North American hardwood pen blanks, 154 for $40.00. That's a pretty cheap way to get started. PSI also has assortments - their exotic woods are not bad. I'm sure there are others, but those two just popped in my head.

magpens

You may find some recent listings in the For Sale section under the Forums heading.

Unless you particularly WANT to turn slimlines, don't limit yourself.
Try some Sierra Twist, Zodiac, Monarch, etc. (similar styles) and some 30 Cal Bolt Action

In my opinion, slimlines are some of the hardest to turn well. . You can get more attractive results in the beginning with other kits like the ones I mentioned above.

Jamespz03

Thank you very much. I didn't realize slimlines were harder than others. I appreciate the info and I did check the sale threads first. :)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi James.

I can put together a bundle of 10-16 blanks of nice quality for you to play with.

PM me your home address. Courtesy of IAP Estate Blanks!

Cheers, Mark

I also agree, Slimlines are great, but a level higher than beginner. No worries!

Last edited:
Top Bottom