Wood in Lufkin Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodspinner

Hi all
I am visiting my Daughter in Lufkin Texas and am looking for some wood to take back to Arizona. I picked up a bunch of Sycamore from a road crew but still want some Hedge (Osage Orange ), Walnut, Oak or any other good colored wood. I do pens and large work too. Any size is good but I prefer the larger size as I can do anything with it. I don't mind driving a bit to get it.

I posted this request on woodcentral and, to my suprise, I did not get any local responces.

Thanks and good turning
Bill

Randy

Bill
You might try the Hardwood Barn http://hardwoodbarn.com/
I go to Longview every now and then and I drove down to Mt. Enterprise (on the wrong day[:(]) but found out they were only open on Friday and Saturday. Anyhow to make a long story short, I haven't purchased from them but have heard good things about them.

Randy

woodspinner

Thanks Randy

I can not believe there are not more responces to this request. I would think there must be lots of turners in this area that buy at least a little wood. I realize there is am abundance of local wood of many types. If you get to Casa Grande AZ. let me know and I will fill you up with our local stuff. I have a bad memory for names so remind me who you are if you come.

Thanks again Bill Hale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom