Wood Glue insted Of CA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

What would you use it for? Certainly not as a finish and it's not formulated for wood to metal. You can use ca or reg superglue, epoxy or gorilla glue

I would think that it would be an option for segmenting though

sschering

For wood to wood segmenting it works fine.. I glued up my YoYo blanks with Tightbond II and it's holding up fine even after a few good hits on the floor.. CA finish is taking a beating though :)

What would you use it for? Certainly not as a finish and it's not formulated for wood to metal. You can use ca or reg superglue, epoxy or gorilla glue

Im sorry i forgot too add what for ! I wanted to use to make my own custom wood blanks (cutting up and re-gluing blanks)

alphageek

Former Moderator

Im sorry i forgot too add what for ! I wanted to use to make my own custom wood blanks (cutting up and re-gluing blanks)

Yup... that can definitely work. I've segmented wood blanks with it and like any other wood to wood bond, the glue can be very strong if you do it right. Add metal or acrylic into the mix and you're toast though.

GaryMGg

Wood glue like TB II forms a wood to wood bond which is stronger than the wood.
Your segmenting requires good, solid joints without gaps because it's not a gap-filling glue.

Top Bottom