Wood Gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Well the day was off to it's regular start----everything that can go wrong did. We where off to a early predaylight start to saw some logs.
When we arrive no one is there to unlock gates so we had to go wake folks up---always fun. Half a hour later we are moving again. The big oak we are after----yah right---4 foot across and laying across a deep ceek. It's been down to long and is about half ate up with ants and rot.
So we head over to the walnut tree that we are wanting. Get everything unloaded and the saws fired-up. It's hallow----I went ahead and cut it down for the guy because he was good enough to lets us come to his property and cut wood---truck is still empty.
Went back up to his house and told him what was going on. He has this tree in the back yard that someone has started cutting down and he asked if we wanted any of it----turned out to be Basswood--Linden family.
So to keep the trip from being a loss I harvested one real nice big limb. Of course half way through the limb---cut a steel cable in half.
So I get to change chains just to finish getting my one limb

2005102720483_linden.jpg

The slads are abot 22 inches across. The main log was about 14 inchs round and 6 foot long. It ain't great but something different for me.

Get home and unload our wood---shoot it ain't 9;00 yet.
Heck I am off to a new big saw mill that I found last week.
Made a super haul on some nice walnut the biggest log is 28 inchs across and the smallest is 14. These are cut offs from long logs so the price was right.------FREE-------

20051027205451_walnut.jpg

It's only noon and I was ready for a nap.
I had to load the walnut by hand---getting to old for that much work.
Just thought you might enjoy my little adventure of the day.

Gary Max

Tom I hauled in two truck loads of Cedar last week.
Boy you want to talk about the price of wood going up----try about 30% increase. Glad I order pens kits from BB and Nils last week---it sure doesn't require as many board feet to make pens.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom