Wondering about CHucks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So I have been thinking and reading many of the posts about the different chucks out there that people are buying such as the barracuda 2, the collet, and scroll chuck.

My wondering question is what do you use them for? I currently have the dedicated pen drilling chuck but what do pen turners use the other chucks for?

What is the difference between a scroll chuck and the barracuda 2? Just wanting to see all of the other possible uses for them. I know bowls for sure, but what other things could I make with one?

Thanks
Jesse

ldb2000

I use the Barracuda2 , which is a scroll chuck , for bowls and boxes and turnings of that nature and also can be used for drilling on the lathe and I use the PSI collet chuck for kitless pen making and drilling on the lathe .
Scroll chucks , also known as self centering , are chucks that the jaws close together at the same time either with tommy bars or a key . There are also chucks where the jaws can be operated independently , these can used for holding work that is irregular in shape .

nava1uni

I use a Nova G3 for turning bowls, drilling on the lathe, making other things like goblets, whisks, seam rippers, boxes and anything else that I think about turning that is not a pen.

Top Bottom