Wolftat's Canadian Money Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMadore

GaryMadore

I haven't been in my workshop for AGES but managed to get my carcass in there today and cranked out a few.

These two cigars were done with Wolftat's Canadian money blanks. They were a special cast for the family of a friend of mine who died recently. He worked as chief of security at the Bank of Canada and so I thought that pens made of shredded moolah would make fitting gifts for his parents.

1_moneypens.jpg

http://www.penturners.org/photos/images/3502/1_moneypens.jpg

These blanks were a dream to work with. I think Neil said he used Alumite, but these were my first non-store-bought blanks (I've only worked with wood and commercial acrylics before) so I'm not able to compare to PR or anything else. Anyway, as I was babbling, it was a dream to work with, easy to finish and, well, even I had no problems with the stuff.

I did manage to blow up one section, but it was totally my fault. LOML came in to see how things were going and asked a couple of questions. I said "do you hear that chatter? That's because my chisel is getting dull...." Prophetic words indeed, as the blank exploded about 2 seconds after I said that. I guess the moral of the story is to keep your tools sharp and your mouth shut. heh heh heh

Thanks again, Neil, for helping me with this project.

Cheers!

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Actually, the reason for the chatter is the Maple Leaf coins, Neil forgot to tell you about!!!:eek: Very nice looking pens, I like those blanks alot!!:cool:

GaryMadore

What is the exchange rate for those blanks?

$5 are blue
$10 are purple
$20 are green
$50 are red
$100 are brown

As you can see, the majority of shred is $20, with some $50 thrown in - especially in the top pen.

I figure there's about $1,000,012.00 Canadian dollars there, so, oh, I dunno - maybe $3.50 American?

heh

Cheers!

Gary

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Nice job with the pens Gary. I like the way these look, they have a good amount of color to them and they pack down very nicely.

Top Bottom