Wishful purchases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Davidh14

I recently purchased a Wen scroll saw from home depot. Its my first scroll saw and figured rather than making a big purchase I'll see how I like scrolling. I also purchased my first motorized tool from harbor freight. I'll see how this turns out. Both of these do have warranty's so if I do not like them or they brake I can return them.

And lastly my wife got me the ridgid sander I've been wanting for awhile for my birthday.

Hopefully these work well for me.

Now all I need is this Texas weather to cool down a bit so I can play with these tools(dont have an air conditioned garage, thats next on the list)

Attachments

• Wen scroll saw.jpg
    Wen scroll saw.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 208
  • sander.jpg
    sander.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Ridgid sander.jpg
    Ridgid sander.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
hello David

I started writing my thoughts on your purchase of tools but deleted and just wanted to wish you luck with them If you have any scrollsawing questions I will be glad to help. Good luck and hopefully we will see some projects come from these tools. :)

David, sounds like you have some cool projects ahead of you. Like John said, please post - always fun to see what other folks are doing. If your HF sander combo is like mine, you'll get a ton of use out of it. I had mine close to 10 years before I gave it to my neighbor, and he's still using it 5 years later. I've had my eye on that Ridgid sander a long time too, and folks on other sites have reported good service out of them; but I have enough sanders already, and need to keep my budget free for more lathe goodies.... :biggrin:

Thanks Bill. These are my first two stationary sanders. I've been needing them for awhile. I have seen a lot of positive reviews on the ridgid sander as well.

I also have the 2 in one belt/disc saner from harbor freight. It works pretty good. It's hard to keep tensioned 100% by belt keeps working to the side and melted throughly the plastic shield. Other than that it's pretty useful and I can keep it close to my work area since its small

Interesting. After I got it assembled I plugged it in to test it out. I was surprised with how loud it was. Didn't think it would be so loud. I noticed the tracking adjustment. And tried to center it the best it would. Thanks for the heads up.

Interesting. After I got it assembled I plugged it in to test it out. I was surprised with how loud it was. Didn't think it would be so loud. I noticed the tracking adjustment. And tried to center it the best it would. Thanks for the heads up.

Universal motors:):) The rigid sander is loud also. I hardly ever use mine. Bought because I got one of those can not walk away from deals.

Back
Top Bottom