Will the casting materials take a CA finish?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the casting materials take a CA finish?

For example, if I wanted to embed some pieces of wood into the casting material could I then do a CA finish over both the casting material and the wood for a smooth CA finished product?

Thanks,

Todd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />You can, Todd, but you're likely to have problems with the wood bit tearing out of the blank as you turn it. DAMHIKT
That depends
This isn't cast but the end result is wood thoughout the blank to the surface so the end result would be similar to the OP question.
CA finish on plexiglass and wood

20061011101746_flame%20009.jpg
<br />

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I for one will be interested in seeing them.
Why didn't you try wexperimenting on your own?
How do you know I told the truth?[}:)]

Eagle, I guess I'll find out if you are telling the truth! I just bought some resin today and I'm going to pick up a pressure pot in the next couple of days. I thought to be a member of IAP you always had to tell the truth?! Its like being a superhero.

An interesting side note. The pressure pots from Harbor Freight that are on sale now on the web are not on sale in my local store. But, the lady there told me that I can always print out the sale price from the internet and they will match it.

I just noticed that there is a casting forum. Will post these questions there in the future.

I want this first project to be opaque black. What is the best way to color the resin? I don't wan't to see particles, just pure, non-transparent black.

Thanks,

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom