Wild Cut Bocote Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cowchaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

Well after the bocote blew out on one end near the bushing I was able to save it. Glued the piece back in and clamped. When dry I continued turning with alot of ease. Don't critique the pictures, I just grabbed what was near to hold them up.

Wild cut bocote. Turned large for the wife. She wanted a larger pen due to the smaller slimlines maker her hand tired. You will notice some of the plating came off at the tip of the nib when assembling, don't have a clue how that happened.

20071025222923_wild%20cut%20bocote%202.jpg

20071025222956_wild%20cut%20bocote.jpg

This is curly maple with no clip. She wanted a pen with no clip for her checkbook.

20071025223125_IMG_2508.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Your on a roll now. See everyone, this is what is commonly refered to as the beginning of an addiction. I see you've learned on of the most important things about pen turning: if the wifes happy, everyone's happy.[:)]

workinforwood

I know I'm not the only one thinking it...That pen is Peggy from married with children! [:eek:)]

You using a press to assemble? I like to stick a scrap of maple in the press and press the nib into that. It's softer so the nib stays safe. Keep up the good work.

rickstef

Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />I know I'm not the only one thinking it...That pen is Peggy from married with children! [:eek:)]

Should not have mentioned that, now I have this image of Peggy burned into my mind.

Doubt that anything will erase that

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom