Wild Acrylic Sticks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen-turners

All,
Just got back from one of my buddies places and he has imported some really wild acrylics I am sure you have never seen before!!! He will be selling them by the blank but will also offer 40" sticks so you can make alot of modifications and use them however you want.
I recommended offering the 40" sticks because I'm building up quite a collection of the 1" pieces left after cutting my blanks.
He's providing me with some free material and in return I have to make him some demo turnings of each color. I will post them when I get done this weekend. Anyone interested if I can get a price of around $15-16 for a 40" stick???? Let me know and I'll post pictures later.

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

Chris,
shipping will run from about $3.95 - $5.75 and out of 40" you will get seven (7) 5 1/2" blanks, allowing for saw kerfs. The material can go Prioity Mail under the 108" rule. Package in a tube?

Turn, turn, turn, so you can post photos...[8D]

Efletche

I would also be interested but I'd like to see them first before I make a decision.

its_virgil

I would like some but would like to see pictures of the colors also.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
]
Originally posted by pen-turners
<br />All,
Just got back from one of my buddies places and he has imported some really wild acrylics I am sure you have never seen before!!! He will be selling them by the blank but will also offer 40" sticks so you can make alot of modifications and use them however you want.
I recommended offering the 40" sticks because I'm building up quite a collection of the 1" pieces left after cutting my blanks.
He's providing me with some free material and in return I have to make him some demo turnings of each color. I will post them when I get done this weekend. Anyone interested if I can get a price of around $15-16 for a 40" stick???? Let me know and I'll post pictures later.

Chris

Fred in NC

I am interested too, Chris, thanks !!!

For my purposes, 5" blanks are long enough, so for shipping cutting into 20" pieces would be acceptable.

Please keep us posted!

pen-turners

All,
Here is an example of the acrylics. They seem to be a little harder than the acrylic acetate offered other places so they do not melt as easy. Also, they polish up very nicely!!!!!
There are 9 different styles to choose from. some I have seen before but others are unique. This is a photo I took last night after I turned down some blanks to show the finishes.

20052302340_combo.jpg

sunglasses2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom