wife gone less turning time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jack barnes

Because of cut backs of my work hours and my plans of retiring in a year and half, my wife took a job in Pheonix Az. I thought ok this will be tough but it'll give me more time turning. Boy was I wrong, now I have to do all my cooking,laundry, cleaning the house and everything else that comes up and walking the dog. She always made sure I had one of days off for shop time. Oh well it's going to be a long year and half.

Jack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I know the feeling, Jack. Mine spends every summer in Texas with the kids and grandkids. So for three months I try to juggle work, laundry, cooking, cleaning and THEN shop time. Sheesh!;)

You guys just have your priorities backwards... Turn, then cook.. If the wife is gone, you can clean just before she gets back.. she won't know.. start the laundry as you go to the shop, or if the laundry and shop are in same area (mine aren't) you can multitask.. You just have to set the priorities....[}:)]:D:D:D:D

alamocdc

Multitask... me... surely you jest. I'm lucky I can walk and chew gum at the same time. My idea of multitasking is going to the other lathe while I'm waiting on something to dry. Beyond that, it is non-existant. Oh I often try, mind you, but I've just never been successful. My only flaw.[}:)];)

kent4Him

Originally posted by ozmandus

You guys just have your priorities backwards... Turn, then cook.. If the wife is gone, you can clean just before she gets back.. she won't know.. start the laundry as you go to the shop, or if the laundry and shop are in same area (mine aren't) you can multitask.. You just have to set the priorities....[}:)]:D:D:D:D

You read my mind before I thought of what I was going to think. Precisely what I would have said.

IPD_Mrs

Welcome to OURworld gentlemen. Well, I should say most of our world and Mr. is generally pretty good of holding up his share of the indoor work so that I can get into the shop as well! I'm sorry your wife is going to be gone so long and really hope you will be able to visit a few hundred times ;)[}:)];).

At least you know you have the support of your friends here at IAP.

[:X]

Top Bottom