Why I Turn Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Today was the first craft sale of may fall season. This show is hosted by a local highschool that uses the event to raise funds for their music program (trips etc). I have been coming to this show now for 8 years and Dana has been with me at every one of these shows.

IMG_8842.jpg

While I was preparing for the show about a month ago I asked her if we should do something special this year, she said we should do something for breast cancer. After some thought we decided that we would make pink pens and Dana would give them away to breast cancer survivors. It was a great idea and she helped me turn and assemble the 8 pens.

IMG_8847.jpg

Today she gave away all but one of those pens, incredible when you think about the survivors that walk amoungst us every day and we just don't know the journey's that we all take.

It was very moving to see these women see that we care for them , respect and honour the pain and sacrifice they have made. Most were shocked and surprised that we were giving these pens away, some tried to buy them but we refused. There were some amazing one on one moments for me as well, as I am a survivor twice, to connect with these survivors was very powerful for Dana to learn that paying it forward is simple to do.

Dana was very moved by the day she had, a special time for us to share and connect over. She understands even at almost 14 that it is not all about her, but that giving is a gift that is precious in her heart. I'm proud of my child, with out having lived through cancer as I did she would not have become my daughter and changed my life.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

That is really cool! One of the most rewarding experiences for a parent is watching our kids reach out of themselves and touch others lives in a positive way.

Good on her! And you!

ctubbs

What a great father-daughter experience! Congratulations on a very successful outing with your daughter.
Charles

jttheclockman

That is a great story and glad you are able to live it. I must say also that your setup looks very professional and I am sure you did well and will do well as the show season continues. Good luck all around and thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom