Why can't I

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

When I go to the library, why can't I open certain folders??? I want to open the tutorials on Powder coating but all I get is a big red X. What am I missing??? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

John
Did you log in with your screen name and password , I know when I look at the forums from work I can't view pictures without logging in first .
Or the Library might have some kind of blocking program for security that is interfering , kind of like Cybersitter or something , ask the librarian to help

Randy_

John: I have that problem myself sometimes. Has happened to me on other web sites. Never had a problem here.

Try downloading the problem files to your computer and then opening them. There may be other solutions; but this one has always worked for me.

jttheclockman

I tried to download the file in a seperate folder but it tells me there is an error in the file and won't open. I tried it again after I erased the other and still get the same message. I can not even open the file to read it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've just opened that file on different computers, with different browsers, while logged on or off. I think it might be a problem on your end, John.

Are you using an old (< v6) of Acrobat Reader? Some of the larger articles are optimized for newer readers and don't reliably open in older versions.

jttheclockman

Yes I am. I will try to update and see what happens. I too was able to open it on another computer but I want to make a paper copy of the techniques and I do not have a copier for that computer because it is a newer version and the drivers for my old copier won't and can't be updated. I need to buy a new copier for that computer thus I asked the question on another thread about what copier to buy. But that is another story. I will see if I can get this to load.

jttheclockman

I Have AdobeV6 installed on this computer and this is what I use to read PDF files. Never had a problem. I tried to upload a newr version but it will not let me. I am running windows ME ( I know the worst version windows came out with) I just don't know why it says there is an error in the file.

jttheclockman

Yea, I got it to work. I cleaned out the old file that said it had an error and was damaged. I reloaded and back in business. It printed out and all. This place is such a treasure trove of information. Thanks all for the help and for having such a great site. Can't say enough good things about it.

Top Bottom