Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Southern California just weathered an earthquake a couple hours ago--epicenter was 2.5 miles southwest of Chino Hills--about 5 miles from our house. 5.4 magnitude, lasted about 40 seconds, but shook HARD!! Surprisingly, there was very little damage anywhere in So. Cal., which is pretty remarkable, as the quake was felt as far south as San Diego (Sandy Eggo??), and as far east as Las Vegas (Lost Wages). On the positive side, the fiber diet is working just fine, thank you!!!

cowchaser

I operate oil and gas pipelines in Southern and Northern California. We had to shut down all of our lines and everyone has to have a stand up pressure test performed before the lines are restarted. This is company policy. We can run trends on all of the system and see levels of all tanks. You can tell the exact time of the quake. The tank levels in Torrance jumped a good amount. Basically it looks like a spike then back down. We have what is called creep alarms on the tanks that when not in use it tells us if the tank is moving. I think every alarm went off at that time.

I know that they felt it as far North as Lompoc.

Top Bottom