Who makes rattlesnake blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc

I have a customer that has some tanned beaver tails that he would like some blanks made for him. Anyone know who makes the rattlesnake blanks?

JimGo

Jim,
As Skye said, several people here make them, including Don Ward (Its_Virgil) - he's sort of the "leader of the pack". Most will tell you that it's a fairly time consuming process, and the cost of the beaver blanks will wind up being pretty expensive.

its_virgil

I make 'em but I don't sell 'em...well I've sold maybe 5 to a couple of friends. Don't think that counts.[:D]The guy who makes them for Arizonasilhouette is Dave Baldwin. I've tried several "skins" from scraps from a local cowboy boot maker and the skins turned black when cast in PR...must be the chemistry used to tan boot leather. I've tried alligator, ostrich, lizzard, bull hide, shark, elephant,...I'll just stick with the snake skins I buy from Steve in South Dakota...unless I find a skin that holds it beauty when encapsulated in PR. And yes, it does take time...thats why the blanks sell for $17.95 a set.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jrc
<br />I have a customer that has some tanned beaver tails that he would like some blanks made for him. Anyone know who makes the rattlesnake blanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom