Who makes letter openers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I've sold half a dozen letter openers the past two weeks. I love the one that matches the bolt action

Lots of vendors offer kits...

Do many of you make letter openers with any regularity?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

I just bought 3 of PSI sculptured pen/letter opener sets. I had 2 different people ask for letter openers and decided to try these out. Will be turning at least one set this weekend.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Have sold many in the past. Last year I didn't make any. This past summer, I ran across 6 kits I had forgot about and made them for this years show. Had my last show last weekend and still had all 6.

plantman

I have made many of the PSI kits, but find more satisfaction in gluing up a bunch of wood scraps and using my oscilateing sander to make whatever shape I want. As you sand down the other woods will show and the sides will show your lamination. Jim S

Janster

I move a lot of these with shell caseing handles.

Attachments

• Display1.jpg
    Display1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 159

KenBrasier

I've sold lots of kit letter opners, but the most popular Letter Opener I sell is kitless, all wood. I use a Rosewood blank and turn the handle on the lathe then cut and shape the blase on a bandsaw and finish it on a belt-sander. They are small, but my customers like them. Oh yea, and I like the "no-kit cost".

Dan Masshardt

I've sold lots of kit letter opners, but the most popular Letter Opener I sell is kitless, all wood. I use a Rosewood blank and turn the handle on the lathe then cut and shape the blase on a bandsaw and finish it on a belt-sander. They are small, but my customers like them. Oh yea, and I like the "no-kit cost".
picture?

Rob73

I ordered my first kit from exotics the other day... hopefully it comes out well. Though with how cold it is out here lately I'm not exactly looking forward to going out to the shop ;)

bjbear76

I sell 10-12 letter openers during my fall craft show season. I display a matching set of PSI sculpted floral pen and letter opener made with BOW. These sell well around here.

sbwertz

I used to use Lee Valley letter openers. They were just the blade, with no tube or finial, so you could make the handle as long as you wanted. The blade was quite a bit longer than most of the other kits, as well. They were very popular. But they have stopped selling them, so now I will have to find another supplier. Most of the kits make a letter opener that is too short in both the blade and the handle, particularly for a man's hand.

Top Bottom