Who do you watch?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I am sure we have all seen some things on Utube.
I like to watch and learn from people on there. Like the Library, there is a lot of information.

My question is who do you watch?

Captain Eddie and Ed Brown are my two favorites.
I have seen most of their videos and some more then a few times.
I always seem to pick up something new from these guys.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

About 2 years ago I needed to figure something out for my bike and a friend suggested looking on You Tube. Ever since then, I am addicted; you can find just about anything on there. I don't have a favorite, but I've lost track of how many times I've looked for something, found it, watched it then realized I just wasted a couple more hours looking at other videos that pop up on the side.
That place is evil~

CREID

That's weird, when I clicked on the smiley to insert it, it didn't show. It did however say something like (smiley nerdy). I wonder if that is because I upgraded to windows 10. Which by the way, wasn't painless. I was using a non HD monitor and an Dell computer and when I upgraded all I got was a black screen and the mouse pointer. I badgered Dell customer support (because my warranty was up) and was told to hook it up to my tv with a HDMI cable and I would get an image and I would be able to go and look up an article at Dell and fix the problem by getting new drivers. Well hooking up to the tv was not an option, so I went to Best Buy and explained what I was doing and bought a new monitor and they told me if it didn't work it was fully refundable. Well it did work and I really like my new monitor, so I won't be returning it.

Curt

ossaguy

I'm still doin' OK on my "no TV" experiment in my new place.My neighbor lady lets me use her WiFi for my laptop,so when I can't stand it,I'll watch some episodes of Property Brothers,or Househunters that are on YouTube.Then on movie night,Ill watch some John Wayne westerns,which I really enjoy.

I too really like all the how-to videos out there.It sure makes you wonder what life was like before the internet.

I like listening to all the music videos on Youtube too.

Steve

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
When I wander off the paved road of the internet I often fine myself watching:

Mike Haduck (a stonemason in PA)
Frank Howarth (very entertaining videos of carpentry and DIY)
Downtoearthwoodworker (instructional woodworking)
DIYHomeBuild (cabinetmaking)
GrowingYourGreens (organic gardening)
JimmyDiresta (various construction)
OneLonelyFarmer (a mulch hay farmer in NJ)

jsolie

I have a bunch of wood turning/woodworking channels that I watch on occasion. Some, in no particular order:

WWMM (Steve Ramsey)
Carl Jacobson
Cap'n Eddie
Alan Stratton (As wood turns)
Mattias Wandel
Sam Angelo (WyomingWoodturner)
Frank Howarth
Lyle Jameison
Zac Higgins
Miguel Sanchez
Brendan Stemp

and a bunch more!

Sabaharr

Anything I want to try to do that I need a nudge in the right direction I go to YouTube first. I have saved so much money in mechanic bills by doing the simple things myself like changing sensors or front hubs out. As for woodworking I have seen all of Capt Eddie's stuff. He just lives across the lake from me. so maybe one day I will run over and pick up some cutters. I have pretty much watched every wood turning video, blank casting, and pen making one on there too. I do some things differently than I have seen on any videos so I am also thinking of sharing my methods on there. LOML got me a GoPro for Christmas so I suppose its time to put it to use.

smik

I have a goal of being on the road in 2017. Watching these for ideas and suggestions plus many more.

Wheeling It
Gone with the Wynns

flyitfast

If it wasn't for Capt Eddie, Carl Jacobson, Ed Brown, and some others that popup along the sidebar that I didn't know about, I'd be getting many more catches, and turning less.
You Tube has changed the way people live and what they accomplish.
I finally got rid of my Encyclopedia Brittanica Set that I spent a fortune on many years ago!!!:biggrin:
There is a world of information out there (and on IAP) and it is a fun way to learn things - forcing me to try new things.
Gordon

D.Oliver

I think I have like 60 something woodworking Youtubers I watch. As far as turners go, Lyle Jamison, Carl Jacobsen, Alan Stratton (As Wood Turns), Peter Brown, and Capt. Eddie are at the top of the list for me.

Top Bottom