Whiskey barrel blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Just wondering how others finish their whiskey barrel blanks. Just got some boards from Lockes Distillery, the oldest distillery in Ireland. Turned a piece a few minutes ago and couldn't believe the smell from it, could've ate it :biggrin::biggrin:. Some of the boards are wide enough for pendant blanks, could they be left unfinished to keep the aroma. I said before that my girlfriend works in the Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre, thought maybe they could sell the pendants there

Phunky_2003

I finished some of the JD blanks I got with CA. On the certificate I sprayed a bit of JD. I stored them in a box that was kept in a plastic bag to keep a scent for awhile. First person I showed it to bought it.

James

sbell111

Just wondering how others finish their whiskey barrel blanks. Just got some boards from Lockes Distillery, the oldest distillery in Ireland. Turned a piece a few minutes ago and couldn't believe the smell from it, could've ate it :biggrin::biggrin:. Some of the boards are wide enough for pendant blanks, could they be left unfinished to keep the aroma. I said before that my girlfriend works in the Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre, thought maybe they could sell the pendants there
You may as well finish them. The scent will not last for too long, even unfinished.

Top Bottom