Which pencil kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I like the Cigar. I bought the ones from CSUSA just because the order was for Platinum but won't hesitate buying the Chrome from AS too.

gerryr

I like the Perfect Fit. I made a Euro pencil, from WC I think, about a year ago as a Christmas present to a musician friend. He uses it almost everyday and it's still working fine.

mewell

We've been using the PSI .7mm slimline for pen and pencil sets. The only drawback is there is NO play in the alignment of the barrels. Make sure that your ends are very square. We also put the sleeve for the tip on <u>last</u>, not first as the instructions state, after crushing a couple!

Mark

its_virgil

The schmnidt pencil mechanism is far superior to the slimline pencil mechanism. For a lady, you may want to consider modifying a sierra to use the schmidt pencil mechanism. The mod is easy and instructions are in the library...video instructions too! Thanks Mudder.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ken69912001
<br />I have a customer interested in some pencil kits. As I have never made any what manufacturer would you recommend buying them from for quality.

arioux

Hi,

I made a lot of confort pencil fromk PSI (without the rubber grip) for ladies and they all liked it. You now have a nice variety of plating on it too. I have one for almost 2 year now and no problem with it.

Alfred

baldysm

I'm more and more trying to stay away from pencils. They are a PITA.

One pencil to definitely stay away from is the Berea Flat Top twist pencil. The screw in nib part comes loose very easily, and the pencil becomes usless until you figure out you have to either glue it in or keep tightening it. The worst part of the pencil is that the inner tube that slides over the mechanism, and is supposed to grip the mechanism tight enough to turn it, is not tight enough. 4 out of 4 kits had the same problem when I made them. I'll never buy another. Berea, to thier credit, sent me some replacement parts, but they were just as bad as the originals. So I pitched the kits in the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom