where to get parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sgimbel

sgimbel

I want to try my hand at a steampunk pen but where do you get the gears? I looked all over EBay but the piles of gears look like you would throw away 90% of what you buy. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
That is...IMHO, is the best place. You're partially right in that there is some throw away...but not much. Some have comented that after taking a watch apart...the 10-15 buck to have that done and get a 10g tin of parts is wonderful...I agree after #5 and still with a lot of work to go...having the parts at the ready is just a better deal for me.

GoodTurns

hobby lobby now carries the parts in their polymer clay section (packaged by Lisa Pavelka)...get your 40% off coupon and they're about $7 for a good mix...not much trash.

sgimbel

Never would have thought of Goodwill, Thanks. Goodturns I'm heading to Hobby Lobby this week anyways so I'll check them out, Thanks to you too.

nava1uni

Lots of the watches at Goodwill and other thrift stores are battery operated and so have no gears, but rather computer chips. I know this because I have looked at lots of them for watch parts.

Top Bottom