Where to get fountain pen, w/ filigree, like CL's?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_l

CL (Chris),
Where did you get the kit to make this pen?

Image Insert:
2004812193540_SpiderFill.jpg

11.45KB
I showed it to everyone in my office and they all love it. I am therefore compelled to make one. Thanks in advance. Very nice pen!

Mike L

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CL

As Doghouse said Woodcraft carries it. The woodcraft part number is 129961. Uses the Fountain/Roller Ball bushing set 06S89 if you don't have a comparable bushing set. One other note. There are no replacement tubes for the pen cap. Found that out the hard way. Had to find a longer tube of the correct diameter and cut it to length. Well ok close to length since i had didn't know the exact length of the original :p

Doghouse

CL I had the same problem except for me it was too late.

When you turn it
1 make sure of the lengths when picking top and bottom.
2 before you cut the tenon, test fit the spiderweb and mark the blank for proper tenon location.

Also Berea sells other filigree pens with different cutouts. They have them in both silver and gold.
http://www.bereahardwoods.com/page4.htm

melogic

I think I'm going to give Ryan a call next week. I've never used them before, but I am looking for a place where I can get all or most of my stuff in one order.

melogic

I'm going to be in the Parkersburg area next week, I may swing into Woodcraft and check this out. My wife will not let me leave Parkersburg without stopping at Woodcraft I'm sure of it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom