Where is the best place to purchase Sienna Pen Kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgraytn

Where is the best place to purchase Rhodium and Titanium Sienna Pen kits as far as quality, price, great customer service etc?

SierraTiGold.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Odds are that any kit from AS (reseller of Berea) is not the same thing as a CSUSA kit. Different bushings at the very least. Might want to verify that. otherwise they are usually the same look quality etc. can't vouch for customer service of Berea, but Exotics and AS are top drawer. Either shoudl be able to tell you if you need bushings specifically for the Sierra Vista.

John Eberly

Sienna Sierra Gatsby Wall Street II etc.

I buy a kit that looks exactly like your picture from Woodcraft, called Wall Street II. They are on sale right now, upgrade gold at 11.99 and black titanium/platinum or black titanium/gold at 13.59.

As far as customer service - my local retail store is great, the web site does fine too.

I've just ordered three of the low end plated version from Penn State because I like the lower trim better on those models. They're on sale with the "accessory kit".

The hatched pattern on the flat plated band on the pen you're showing looks cheap to me, and I don't like the way the pen shape flows. It's hard to know just how to flare the blank to match the nib end taper. I think the Penn state trim looks better.

alphageek

Former Moderator
John,
If you don't like the hatched bottom, check out the diplomat 4's on exoticblanks.com. They are like the ones at Penn State, but WAY better pricing.

johnnycnc

Tom,
CSUSA's instructions list the bushings large diameter at .472 which is a "standard Sierra" size.http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/woodturners/Images/pdfs/sienna_pen.pdf
Wether the tube i.d. is the same, I don't know, but it does call for a 27/64"
drill which is also pretty much standard for the "sierra", and same drill as "sierra vista".
I am confident that these are not "Sierra Vista" size as some have mentioned.
The "sierra vista" is a slightly fatter version and takes larger fittings, thus larger bushings.
For Sierra kits I can personally recommend Ernie at Beartooth Woods, his level of service is exceptional.http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/ He has platinum and TI gold in the Sierra's as you were asking for.:)

Top Bottom