Where I go to hide.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Docsmith45

My shop is smaller, about 12' x 16'. Into that I pack a table saw, band saw, lather, drill press, belt sander, 2 workbenches, gun safe, sink, and a powder cabinet. It works for me.

2005629232138_DSCF0013.jpg

Reloading bench

200562923220_DSCF0014.jpg

Trusty old Delta lathe

2005629232219_DSCF0015.jpg

Main workbench
2005629232239_DSCF0016.jpg

Drill press & Belt sander

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Nice little set-up you got there. I wish I were as organized.
I try but it just ends up a mess within a few days. All your labelled boxes reminds me of 5S at work. You'd think I'd pick some of that up, but I always say "leave work at work."

BigRob777

Doc,
Any time you want to come over and show me how to make my shop that neat, you are welcome. It's only just a hop, skip and flight to Delaware. BTW, that lathe looks a bit like mine, how old is it? Mine is a Delta/Rockwell built in Milwaukee (sp?), in, I think, 1945. That's close to fifteen years older than me. How do you grease and oil it up? I want to crank mine up this week for my first time using it.
Nice shop.

johnhart

Doc,
Your shop is a little bigger than mine so I certainly understand the squeeze. Plus, I just added a 14" Bandsaw! Sometimes it's like a maze in there! Sure is cozy though.[:)]

Docsmith45

Big Rob

My old Delta Rockwell has a 46-111 tag on it. That makes it younger than me. I just oiled the bearings and it runds fine. Mine had some rust build up I had to deal with. My Father In Law had purchased it at a school auction years ago. It sat in his barn in South Dakota for a few years till I swapped him out of it. Because my shop area is small I laid it out on a spreadsheet and drew the tools in so I could just move them around till I got a plan I liked and seemed functional. It's a poor man's CAD system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom