Where I Came From to Where I'm Going

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sappheiros

I was thinking to myself today while looking at some fancy pens on Pinterest. I was thinking of what brought me to penturning and how that's changed for me since I've started. I really started penturning to make nice pens for myself. My dad is a collector of pens and he's given that passion to me, mixed with my creative expression we get penturning! After starting to turn pens, I quickly changed direction. I'm not really turning for myself, though I enjoy it immensely (even as it frustrates me while I learn hard lessons). Now, I think I really turn for those around me. I'm really turning for those around me to have nice pens. I'm turning to share my passion with others.

Just my midday ponderings...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Pondering is good. Some day though stop and smell the roses. Make that very special pen for yourself. I am planning on doing that this Feb in the Bash. I have been turning longer than you and yes I have made pens to try out and wind up keeping but that very special pen is yet to come. I have a few ideas if i can pull them off. You need to stop once in awhile and take that moment for yourself. Life is too short man.

Anglesachse

Pondering is good. Some day though stop and smell the roses. Make that very special pen for yourself. I am planning on doing that this Feb in the Bash. I have been turning longer than you and yes I have made pens to try out and wind up keeping but that very special pen is yet to come. I have a few ideas if i can pull them off. You need to stop once in awhile and take that moment for yourself. Life is too short man.

"You need to stop once in awhile and take that moment for yourself. Life is too short man."

This is so so true.

wfsteadman

For me, I wanted a hobby that took some focus and got me away from the computer, and once I started (Which was just earlier this month) I realized I was going to be able to use this hobby as a blessing for others. I love to see people smile, and I think this hobby is going to allow for that. But I do have a few personal pen thoughts in mind that I am looking forward to getting skilled enough to take on myself.

jttheclockman

I plan on making a pen for myself from time to time, and somehow it gets sold, or gifted or wife loses it in her purse. One day!

Then Ed it really was not for you. When you make that special pen for yourself you will not sell it for anything. You will not loan it out or give to the wife. It will have a special meaning to you and you alone. It can be a passing relative item cast, or a color of pen that means something or so many other ideas.

What you described is a pen you use and carry around and if someone likes it you sell it. No attachment. I have those too.

My Dad always wore a watch not expensive,and he had several (most do not work)that I will make into a pen someday. Never will I give that pen away for any amount of money in the world. I will make one that looks like it for you but that is all. That is a special pen.

This would make a good topic and i think I will post the question. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom