Where I am now

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from beck3906

beck3906

I had a thread this past weekend about backing my comments. Here's where I am now. Photos aren't the best as I just wanted to grab some quick shots. I'll make better ones later to use for show applications.

You all know about the steampunk watch parts from Capt G. The quarter is of course from Seamus. The flowers are a "Blank Canvas" from Roy at Classic Nib.

Finally, the Texas inlay is something Ken Nelson at Kallenshaan Woods and I have been working on. I wanted a new design for Texas where the longhorn head was the letter T with the word Texas spelled out. Ken tweaked the final design. We've made changes to the instruction sheet to keep the colors of the letters from bleeding. I also rushed into it and wasn't watching assembly closely, so I have changes to make during assembly. I have 9 more to get it right. :wink:

And yes, you too can own one by contacting Ken.

C&C welcome. I learn from others.

Attachments

• Mickey.jpg
    Mickey.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Texas-Qtr.jpg
    Texas-Qtr.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Flowers.jpg
    Flowers.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 320
  • New-Texas.jpg
    New-Texas.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew_K99

Great group of pens.

I like the concept of the last one but the T doesn't stand out enough as being part of the word IMO, I just see EXAS, more so becase the E is blue like the left side of the flag that I assume it's supposed to represent.

AK

Jjartwood

Concept to finished product,Nice
To gather that much talent , REALLY NICE
To end up with those results,PRICELESS.

beck3906

Nice set of pens, but I kinda expected the longhorn to be white.

There are specific reasons why the longhorn is black and one horn chopped off. Also, notice there are no ears. Trying to get the effect of a longhorn skull. No orange and white colors...all Texas flag related colors where possible.

I wanted to capture the state and not a school.

maxman400

I stopped by Ken's the other day and I saw the Texas kit, I like it. It makes a great looking pen, the rest look good also.

PenPal

Rick,

Congratulations all round to Gary, Seamus, Roy, Ken then yourself for your execution of the beaut blanks.

Mickey rules in our house still the parts all complement cementing the pen into the master class of pens.

Seamus has clean cut yet another winner, the King of Coins.

Roys flowers brighten our winters day here for me.

Kens longhorn I really get the TEE and the point not being bound up with preconception from way over here I see it as a Masterstroke in taste.

Thankyou for making my morning also gives me quite a lift.

Kind regards Peter.

McBryde

I really like the looks of the new Texas blank, and I really like the idea of the Texas flag colors behind it, and it not looking like a school colored pen. Besides, the Longhorns aren't the best school in TX. Gig 'em Aggies!

E

Sataro

A fantastic grouping of pens. Each one represents an individual work of art from the blank that was created to the finished product. That last pen really stands out.

Top Bottom