Where Can I get refills for Chicago twist pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Barouh

The Chicago Twist Pen has been discontinued by Craft Supply. I am having a hard time finding refills. Spoke to someone onlline @ CS last night, but she was not knowledgable. Will call CS on Monday, but does anyone know the model of this refill? It is 3-3/4 inches long and screws into the transmission.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Barouh

I'll try the office suppy, cut I don't think it is a standard cross refill. the standard for a slimline is 4-11/16. this is shorter

mdburn_em

The picture on the instructions make me think it might be a mini refill. Can you separate the 2 pieces easily?
I know that Fisher makes a "universal" refill for the space pen. The space pen refills are probably my favorite refills. They also make a parker style that I love.
The universal contains ink for a mini but can be as long as a regular cross. Sections can be broken off to make it different sizes.
Here is a picture of one. Fisher Universal Ballpoint Pen Refill SU

PenMan1

The Chicago I received used a standard Cross. As far as the length goes, you can make a Cross ballpoint refill any length longer than .78 inches long.

To accomplish this, simply slide the plastic mounting insert off the top of the refill and cut the refill to the length you want.

If your Chicago refills are shorter, you can slide the screw top off and cut standards to the same length as the ones you have.

KenV

Get a package of the mini refills and try them. Right length. (note that the plastic top shown on the instructions is of extended length and a standard cross refill probably fits as a replacement -- not reusing the plastic that came with the original)

If you go the Fisher Universal refills (nice writing for a small not-parker refill), the diameter is small and is loose in some of the cross style tops. You will need to use a bit of tape or reversible glue to keep it from sliding out of some of the plastic tops. Metal tape works well, or a small amount of Goop on a toothpick.

Last edited:

Barouh

Chicago Twist reply

Current one came with the pen. I have a bunch of these kits and have already had one customer have trouble procuring the refills.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
In the instructions it looks like a cross refill with a different screw on end and it looks like it is a two piece where the refill pulls out of the sleeve with the male threads.

Barouh

I think I figured it out. I think I need to purchase the refills (mini) without any plastic end and simply remove the plastic extender and place it on the new refill. Will try that today.

Barouh

Figured out the refill dillema

I finally figured it out. It is the Cross mini refill. Just slip off the plastic screw top off the old refill and push onto the mini refill. I was looking for the whole thing including the plastic extender top!

I guess one does not need a high IQ to turn pens, but a lofty IQ is helpful when replacing refills!:eek:

Thanks for everyone's assistance and patience!

Hasson Wood Turnings - Pens

Barry

"Proud Barry keeps on turnin'"

Top Bottom