Where can I buy......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

the long, "hard wrapped" cotton swabs that are about 6 inches long with cotton only on one end? These are the ones health care workers use to take ear, nose and throat cultures and use to obtain DNA cultures.

I used to buy these from a medical supply house, but now, the minimum order is a case. IIRC, there are about 1,000 sticks per box and a case is 12 boxes. I just need 1-2 boxes. These are ideal for polishing the insides of acrylic pens that contain no copper tubes.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Thanks, Mike! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I'll not shop the price, trying to save 15 cents. I need them, now.

Last edited:

PenMan1

Make an appt. with your doctor. Take 2 for every minute he keeps you waiting beyond your appt. time. You should be able to walk out with a few hundred with no problem.

REALLY, off topic, now! BUT, I've found a way to avoid the wait. I just make sure that I have the Dr, Dentist, Vet, Lawyer or Accountant's first appointment of the day.

If it is an emergency visit, I just go to the DOC IN A BOX or really bad emergency, I go to the emergency room. If you are bleeding badly, puking or have uncomtrollable diarrhea, the doc in the box will get you out of the waiting room immediately! Ever heard of sympathy pukers? Apparently they are plentiful, and nurses hate this clean up duty.

edicehouse

I found when they ask if you have any chest pains, the answer is YES. I go in with a migrane.... Yeah my chest is feeling tight.

BSea

Here you go no minimum order, they also have tooth pics and the round wood applicators with out the cotton ends along with the little foam dabbers and bamboo sticks The round applicators would be good for the litebrite pen blanks.
Applicators, Sticks, Picks, Splints, Anti-static
They also have shorter ones 6" ones are 8.95 box 1000 they also ship to Canada
:clown:
What's strange is that the 3" swabs are almost twice the price. So I wonder if they have a mistake on their website. I'd hate to order the 6" & get the 3".

PTsideshow

What's strange is that the 3" swabs are almost twice the price. So I wonder if they have a mistake on their website. I'd hate to order the 6" & get the 3".
Costs more to have somebody cut the 6" ones down to 3":laugh: a lot of Things don't make sense sometimes as they may be charging for the shafts to be shortened after they are made in 6" size
You can always call before you order. I haven't ordered from them yet as I still have about 3,000 left.

But they have a number of the other styles/types that I use, and on another forum people said it was a good place to deal with.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Costs more to have somebody cut the 6" ones down to 3":laugh: a lot of Things don't make sense sometimes as they may be charging for the shafts to be shortened after they are made in 6" size
You can always call before you order. I haven't ordered from them yet as I still have about 3,000 left.

But they have a number of the other styles/types that I use, and on another forum people said it was a good place to deal with.
They are a good company to deal with. Ordered from them all the time before I retired from my job. And I personally know the owner of the company.

Top Bottom