When it rains..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

I have been looking to replace my Shopsmith as my promary lathe and a couple weeks ago found a Jet 1014 on Craigslist for $100. I asked here and decided it was a good deal so I bought it. I love it, but also realize that it is underpowered compared to my Shopsmith for larger turning, such as bowls that are larger.

I of course keep looking on Craiglist and yesterday found a Grizzley G0462 lathe for $125. I was hesitant as the pictures did not show a tailstock or tool rest. I wrote them and went to look at it last night. Well it was all there, but in different boxes that they had not unpacked yet. We found all the pieces, so well of course I brought it home. :) :)

It uses all the same tapers and thread sizes as the Jet so all my tooling interchanges.

I know it has the reeves drive, which is not perfect and does not go as slow as I would like, but for the price and the digital display, I did not see how I could go wrong. It is still a current model so parts are available. New price is $673 so I think I got a deal!

Now I just have to find a buyer for my shopsmith and I will be in great shape.

Excuse the mess of the shop, but you know, I HAD to make some shavings!

Attachments

• Lathe.jpg
    Lathe.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 209
Top Bottom