when does it become hoarding?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bloodhound

Does anyone else have this issue? I have boxes and piles and chests FULL of wood. When do you stop looking at every piece of wood as a thing of beauty?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crayman

It is hoarding when you have to walk over it to move around in the house, or you could be in denial and call that flooring.:biggrin:

I did make a beautiful pen out of the Cinammon burl you brought to the last meeting.

I would take anything that you would like to get rid of. :rolleyes:

BSea

If you have to ask the question, then the answer is probably YES. Not that I would know a thing about it.:rolleyes:

However, my wife said she'll have my casket made from my pen blanks. I'm wondering why she thinks I need a casket? :confused:

PenPal

My wifes threat is in the event she will have a parketry floor made from the blanks and bury me in the 20 foot shipping container with photography gear and some of the special tools.

I have a shipping container with smalls and some special timber in it.

She remembers it well it was dropped off a slide truck 12 feet from where I wanted the guy took off and left me with the problem it weighed close on two tons empty so Archimediies to the rescue with a solid block of wood and a length of steam pipe I levered it into position SWMBO then gingerly slid a concrete block under each corner as I held it up with the lever so the threat has meaning.

PS I was only 70 at the time could not do that now at 80 oh well lots of things I cant do at 80. But I can still turn pens next challenge the swap.

Peter.

bloodhound

Ok I don't feel too bad. It's not flooring yet. It is still in boxes mostly. But I have a boat load of regular cherry and maple. I keep looking at saying "naa not this pen".

Top Bottom