Whats Short, Stubby and Blue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Tanner

Awesome looking pen! I have a few of those kits, just never made one. Now you've gone and motivated me to to make one of those little guys. Great colors on this one as well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

Hey Toni
I know I said I would not keep telling how stunning and beautiful yor work is but you got me on this one. It really looks great on the El Toro.

I think your putting a lot of the guys around here in touch with their feminine side.

PennedDown

Toni,

Absolutely gorgeous pen!
I tried mixing some polymer clay a couple of years back and the result looked like Walt Disney had thrown up.... :tongue:

Congrats on the front page!

latelearner

To answer your question of what's short, stubby, and blue, I could answer my thumb since I just mashed it . As to your pen, it is absolutely beautiful!

CHEF

Beautiful as ever Toni pens nice too .BEAUTIFUL
---------------Brian--------------

ctubbs

Toni, you never cease to amaze me. Other words are superflourus. I know, my spelling is terrible. Your pens are on the other end of the spectrum. Outstanding, one of a kind. Thank you for sharing.
Charles

nava1uni

Congratulations on the front page. This pen is stunning, even seeing it for a second time. You do amazing work, drooling on my computer while looking at the picture. LOL.

KDM

I just saw this on the front page. Amazing. I'm thinking of shortening the tube on one of my Gent's FPs just to see what it looks like.

Parson

Love the workmanship! I don't love that pen kit though. Too stubby for my tastes, and all my customers make the same comment.

PS - I did see an IAP member make a closed ended pen out of that kit and it looked great because it was an inch or two longer. I wonder if I could make a closed ended pen, apply the clay, then finish it????

Toni

Love the workmanship! I don't love that pen kit though. Too stubby for my tastes, and all my customers make the same comment.

PS - I did see an IAP member make a closed ended pen out of that kit and it looked great because it was an inch or two longer. I wonder if I could make a closed ended pen, apply the clay, then finish it????

The feedback on this pen kit is You either love it or hate it, no in between. Its different and was a fun pen to make!! I would like to try a Havana that Aaron carries another short and stubby pen.

As for a closed end pen cant wait to see it:biggrin:

KDM

I don't love that pen kit though. Too stubby for my tastes, and all my customers make the same comment.

I love the pen and I love the kit. I'd totally use it! Anyway, Cover Girl got there first:

The feedback on this pen kit is You either love it or hate it, no in between.

I did see an IAP member make a closed ended pen out of that kit
Any idea who/how? I'm not visualising it. You need the screws on both ends in order for it to work. Unless the "closed" end was the cap? Are you able to find it again?'d love to see it!

Parson

Actually, you don't need screws on both ends of the base of the pen in order for it to work. It just won't post the cap if it's got a closed ended base, just like all the other kits we do this with.

This question gives me a good idea though... make a closed ended base a little longer and then use a tap and die set to cut some threads in the base of it so that it is postable.

wiset1

Wild...I wish I had some blanks like this for the Majestic Jr line. This is a beautiful pen and the image truly adds to the glow of it. Amazing work

KDM

Actually, you don't need screws on both ends of the base of the pen in order for it to work. It just won't post the cap if it's got a closed ended base, just like all the other kits we do this with.

I've never handled this kit, but I have the impresssion from teh piccy that you'd really want to post the cap in order to balance and operate the pen.

This question gives me a good idea though... make a closed ended base a little longer and then use a tap and die set to cut some threads in the base of it so that it is postable.

Nice! I think PC would be too brittle for this. You might get away with it in PR. I'd like to see the threads (indeed the whole pen) carved by hand in a nice hardwood! Real artisan-style!

its_virgil

Thanks Toni for the beautiful bouquet of flowers. You did that little guy proud. Beautiful work as usual. I have two El Toros dressed in snake skin and use them as my daily pens. I also like to use the longer tubes from the Robusto or El Presidente to make a "not so short and stubby" El Toro.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom