What to do with...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Craftdiggity

...the leftover resin at the bottom of the mixing cups? I generally pour a few on top of each other and I have about 50 or so pretty cool looking 1/8" - 1/2" thick by 2" circles.

I know that these are the right sizes for pendant blanks, but I have never made one before. How do you work with this stuff off the lathe? I'm mostly talking about the polishing part. I do all my resin polishing on the lathe so I am unsure of how to apply the polish without the machine.

PenMan1

Chris:
A member here: SailingAway, did sell pendant backer plates. Those plates make pendants pretty easy to finish. My pendant backer attaches to a 3/8 bolt that I cut the head off and secure with the Beall collet. The PSI bottle stopper mandrel screws right onto it as well and then that mandrel will attach to 1 X 8 lathe. I hope this helps. If not, there is a tut. in the library.

jpr28056

Chris:
A member here: SailingAway, did sell pendant backer plates. Those plates make pendants pretty easy to finish. My pendant backer attaches to a 3/8 bolt that I cut the head off and secure with the Beall collet. The PSI bottle stopper mandrel screws right onto it as well and then that mandrel will attach to 1 X 8 lathe. I hope this helps. If not, there is a tut. in the library.

+1 I have a biscuit pan that I pour the remnants in and get some pretty wild looking pendant blanks. I too have the pendant backer and it works really good.

Top Bottom