What to do with kit refills?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shortz1lla

I found older posts regarding this but the answers left something to be desired.

For the most part kit refills are terrible, thus they are unworthy of a handcrafted pen. I want the writing experience to be as nice as possible, otherwise what's the point? I like the MilyLime and Dayacom refills, but primarily replace kit refills with Schmidt easyFlow 9000s.
I have a bag full of kit refills that will eventually turn into two bags, then three, etcetera.

For those of you, like me, who replace kit refills, what do you do with your ever-growing collection?

Thanks,
Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I found older posts regarding this but the answers left something to be desired.

For the most part kit refills are terrible, thus they are unworthy of a handcrafted pen. I want the writing experience to be as nice as possible, otherwise what's the point? I like the MilyLime and Dayacom refills, but primarily replace kit refills with Schmidt easyFlow 9000s.
I have a bag full of kit refills that will eventually turn into two bags, then three, etcetera.

For those of you, like me, who replace kit refills, what do you do with your ever-growing collection?

Thanks,
Joe
Buy kits that come with no refill or with the refills you want to use....On a 2nd note - not everyone feels the way you do and they are pretty easy to give away in the deals forum here.

Dan Masshardt

Sell cheap. Trade. Put in lower end pens.

Keep in your pens and then switch out a higher quality one when selling the pen.

Are a few options that come to mind.

Personally, I don't toss the stock refills aside automatically. I find the quality to vary quite a bit. If it writes well, I'll keep it in a pen or at least keep it around to offer someone as a freebie extra.

LeeR

I don't sell pens, I give them away. But I do use an upgraded refill when I give it away, and include the standard as an extra. Most of my gifts go to relatives or friends, and so I'm not too concerned about reputation based on refill quality ... :wink:

toddlajoie

Some prefer them. My wife is one, so she has a near infinite supply of parker style ball points. The big advantage of the "cheap kit ink" is that it will write on nearly everything short of wax paper... The "good ink" often has problems with store credit card receipts (ESPECIALLY those stores with the little screen and the really cheap all plastic pen they want you to sign your name with!!!) and paper that has been printed on some laser printers (ours at work uses an oil in the process that stops the good ink from writing on anywhere that has been printed on. Makes marking up photos a real pain....)

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Thanks,
Joe
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f156/your-replaced-bp-cartridges-please-116985/

Top Bottom