What should I do with all the spare nibs from fountain pen upgrades?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Reece

Reece

I thought about this question for months. I didn't want to throw them away, that would be silly. I could have sold them or given them away but would people really want them?

Eventually I came up with an answer.

I have a feeling that this might even be an original idea. If it is, I give EVERYONE permission to steal it, modify it and better it. None of this greedy 'my idea' crap...

Anyway, here it is. THE PEN PEN. Made with one of NewLondon88's Resin Saver molds. If you don't have one, get one.

Attachments

• Pens 046.jpg
    Pens 046.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 587
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Sorry but not an original idea and am not sure if you will be hearing from him but Barry Gross does the same thing. Check his web site out. He may have trademarked that idea too as he seems to on others. Good luck with it and thanks for showing.

sbell111

Sorry but not an original idea and am not sure if you will be hearing from him but Barry Gross does the same thing. Check his web site out. He may have trademarked that idea too as he seems to on others. Good luck with it and thanks for showing.
Reese' pen is much better looking that Gross'.

Also, I suspect that a trademark fight would be extremely difficult for Gross to win if someone decided to stand up to it.

jttheclockman

Reese' pen is much better looking that Gross'.

Also, I suspect that a trademark fight would be extremely difficult for Gross to win if someone decided to stand up to it.

That topic has been run over with the dead horse a few times. My point was that it is not an original idea as the poster might have thought. Whose looks better is in the eye of the beholder. :)

ctubbs

"There is nothing new under the Sun." Even that is not new, but, that is still a wonderful idea. that is one way cool pen and I, for one, love the idea. I do not care who had it first or last, at least he was thinking. That is a whole lot more than I am capable of doing the majority of the time. Reece, I thank you for showing one of the top ten coolist pens I have seen in a while.
Charles

Parson

That pen made me smile. Fountain pen nibs on an inexpensive ballpoint kit is what did it.

I agree with the other poster who said how good it would look on a FP kit.

Reece

I've got some annual leave from work starting tomorrow, I think I'll give a fountain pen version a shot.

Great suggestion, and thanks for all the positive comments.

workinforwood

Looks great. I was going to say that Barry does that too...but you already know that now. I've seen people turn nibs into earings too..real simple to do. It's never true that everything's already been done before...it's just more rare to come up with something brand new. Keep having fun!

PR_Princess

That pen made me smile. Fountain pen nibs on an inexpensive ballpoint kit is what did it.

LOL there might be a bit of irony there Randall. But I think that Reese also wanted to submit this as entry for the casting contest that is currently running on FB right now.

And from the way I read the rules..there are extra points for humour!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Reece

LOL there might be a bit of irony there Randall. But I think that Reese also wanted to submit this as entry for the casting contest that is currently running on FB right now.

And from the way I read the rules..there are extra points for humour!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yep, part serious, part playful for this cast.

Top Bottom