What refills do you sell with?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I was really happy to sell my first pen today (baron), although I could have sold my cigar also except when comparing the two the baron wrote so much better that the cigar kinda lost its steam. So on my way home I stopped and got a Parker Gel refill for the cigar and it writes about 100% better. The problem is, it'd be kind of costly to replace all of them with the gel refills. So are there any refills that will work better than the ones included that are a little less expensive? Or do you figure the good refill into your margin?

I also bought a cross refill for a slimline and it really didn't seem a whole lot better than the import that came with the kit. Are there any options there?

Rudy Vey

This topic comes up every 3-4 weeks. If you do a search you will find the answers. Well, for myself, I have made the experience that the refills coming with my kits are very good quality. I had customers return to me to get more refills since the brand name they bought did not write as good as the original - no-name-kit refill.
I use exclusively Berea ball point kits, and their refills are very good. On the other hand, you compare a Baron, i.e. a roller ball to a cigar, i.e. a ball point. The gel refill comes then a bit closer. My experience is that the gel refill does not last as long as the ball point refill. Also, the refills that come with the Gents roller ball are, in my opinion, better than the ones from the Baron.
BTW, I made the same experience with the Cross refill.
I think if you buy quality kits from Berea or CSUSA you will have good quality refills. For me the offer to change the ball point to a gel refill has saved several sales in the last couple of years. Like people like the way the rollerball writes, but it is above their spending limits - so I sweet talk them into a nice ball point and then change the normal refill to a gel and Bingo - a sale is made!!
You can get relatively cheap priced gel refills form the kit suppliers, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom