What pen do you use for everyday carry?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YORKGUM

YORKGUM

Seeing all of these rare and beautiful pens I was curious what everyone carried for their daily pens?

I carry a Cocobolo Burl roller ball pen.:cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I carry a Lignum Vitae Euro Ballpoint with custom centerband as my everyday carry pen. But I'll use others as the mood strikes.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This week... Pens from exchanges:

dalecamino (lucite fountain pen); and a Halloween colored Rollerball from Bob Jackson. Both write excellent! The fountain pen from Chuck is the first I have used, and it is "Teaching me!"!

Some of my pens I like... Most from others are much nicer!!

Thank you Chuck and Bob!!!

avbill

That's really a unfair question to ask. b/c if your selling pens you need to use all of your pens to known how they feel, what their weight are they bulky or slim, and etc. You need to have a excellent one liner for the customer. ready to go then they ask you about your pen your using.

Now I have seven fountain pens each barrel is a different color so the ink matches the barrel color... seven b/c there seven days in a week. You should see the reactions I get from the clerks at the stores , doctors offices then i break out the fountain pens.... I also have 46 different inks i play with using the fountain pens. You can say I have a ball with them.

I was just working on my sales number this morning My FTN sales are 18.7% this year verses 24.8% from last year. I've only did 4 shows this year verses 11 shows. So my thinking it's really important to show your work on a daily bases.

To answer your question ...1.) an Emperor 2.) Churchill 3.) Cambridge 4.) Jr Gent 5.) Jr Retro 6.) Sedona & 7.) Statesmen these are my dailies.

Penultimate

My main carries are a custom (kit less) cebloplast fountain pen and a custom cocbolo, aluminum and conductive fabric tablet stylus. I also use a custom rollerball with red ink cartridge as my desk pen.

toddlajoie

I've got 20 or so "daily carry" pens that I mix and match to my mood or where I'm going. Generally at work I always have a rollerball (I prefer a capped pen myself, generally Jr. Gent or Baron) and a ballpoint (Cigar, Euro or slim/trimline - there are some things that a rollerball won't write on, printouts from our laserprinter being one of them). I usually mix a really nice wood and an acrylic or cast object pen of some kind, and like Mark, many of my PITH swaps are used occasionally. If I'm going someplace "upscale" like an executive function at work or charity event, I am always sure I have a nice wood pen. Weekends are usually an acrylic sierra that fits in my jeans pocket, is "may fall off a ladder" durable and easily repairable, or replaceable in the event I forget where I put it down...

Cmiles1985

I sign in and out of a lot of units within the refinery I work at, so I prefer convenience. At the moment, I am using a Le Roi V2 Click pen from my evaluation set. It is wrapped in my winnings from Mr. A Game #8 (Tortuoso Willow straight w/ Burl inclusions dyed blue and cast in a very dark blue resin). I also enjoy carrying my blue pearl cholla gunmetal Zen. I also have an array of other pens that I carry depending on my mood. If I turn a new style, I'll carry it for a day or two just to try it out and show it off.

Dan Masshardt

The only pens I carry are ones that are not quite up to snuff Often for an unseen reason

The two that I use the most are a cocobolo hybrid cigar and a bow liberty Both made early in when I trimmed the barrels too short you'd never know looking at them but the refills are sanded down a little on the end

All my pens that turn out great are for sale. I've not kept a one for myself that I'd be comfortable selling

I can't afford to buy my pens ;-)

workinforwood

Yea, put me in worst photo contest ;) it's 3:30 am, dark out sitting in a truck with little dome light. But hey, I have been carrying this pen for 3 yrs and use it every single day. Nothing stronger than a good old cigar pen. In a pinch you can also use it for self defence or to skin a deer. Almost indestructible and ever practical.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 258

Carl Fisher

Let's see what's currently in my laptop bag...

2 of my own custom fountain pens, Pilot Metropolitan, Lamy Safari, Long Click in a spalted wood I received from a PITH, and a Jr. Gent Retro with a Powell cyclist blank.

That's a lot of pens, but hey where's the fun in only carrying one.

Akula

Attachments

• alligator jawbone.jpg
    alligator jawbone.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 215

Kenny Durrant

My everyday work pen is a slimline. It is maple burl with a water moccasin snake skin inlay and guitar pick guard accents. My Sunday pen is also a slimline made out of a black acrylic but it has a Texas Flag with a Texas Quarter inlay with aluminum accents.

Cwalker935

My main every day carry is a perfect fit spalted white oak with the .5mm pencil converter. Function over appearance. I will temporarily switch off to a freshly made pen that I am particularly proud of from time to time.

Sandsini

Like Dan, I used to only use my mistake pens, but when the subject would come up of my penmaking, and I had to tell the prospective client that the ebony pen I was carrying was cracked, I felt I could use a better sales tool.

Then I made a Full Statesman in Bob Dupras' Galaxy Trek and slowly fell in love with it. Every time I looked at it in the case, I thought "That's my kind of pen" and so, I eventually treated myself to it.

As beautiful as it is (thank you Bob) I sometimes think I need something flashier to get more attention. But it will be a treasured possession for me for a long time.

Attachments

• P1011599.jpg
    P1011599.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 265

walshjp17

I swap several around, but the one I carry most is a buckeye burl on a Churchill RB. The first one on the right in the photo below.

Attachments

• Churchill Pens.JPG
    Churchill Pens.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 217

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I carry a PSI Chrome American Patriot with KOA wood. The cap blank had a small crack that developed during turning. CA'd it and finished turning it. Turned out great and the Clip hides the crack which wasn't noticeable anyway But I know it. Anyway it does look nice and I get a lot of nice comments on it and have sold some pens because of it.

BSea

Eric, I never get tired of seeing that blank.
Me either. :biggrin:

I didn't show my everyday carry pen earlier, so here it is.

Lignum Vitae on a Euro (pen on the bottom). It's sanded to 600, then burnished. No other finish has been applied. I'm hoping for it to develop a really nice patina. The top pen is also lignum Vitae, but on a Neopean kit from Lau Lau woods, and finished with Pens Plus. Both are a bit greener now.

And here's what I carry on nice occasions. It's crosscut Spanish Olive on a Marksman Eagle with a CA finish with matching finial.

pshib

My EDC

The two all the time... Also a noodlers rollerball, a monteverde fountain pen, and three gatsby pens.... One with a Schmidt pencil adapter and another with a sharpy liquid pencil refill.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 184

Mapster

For the past 5 years I have carried a carbon fiber Guardian... Easy to write with, turns heads, VERY indestructible (damhikt).

Starting hopefully by the end of the year I will be carrying a carbon fiber watch part Emperor fountain pen that matches my daily wear watch

Brooks803

I've kept this lil guy in the 5th pocket of my jeans for the last 3yrs or so. I recently retired it from daily use and changed out the nib unit with a new one and posted it for sale. The finish is still as nice today as it was the day I made it. Now I get to make myself something new :biggrin:

hcpens

I sell a lot of pens out of my pocket, seems a person will se me signing and will ask where I got it. I'll hand it to them for feel and test, answer their questions and get a sell right then or a custom order that day. I will only carry ones that I can would sell, as I will carry several on me or in my car.

jondavidj

I always carry two pens, one I am not afraid to give away and the other one I use. I alternate between these two.....both fountain pens with Bock nibs. (changed the rollerball to FP)

Attachments

• Nouveau Sceptre RB - Black Titanium - Lapis Mokume M3-1.jpg
    Nouveau Sceptre RB - Black Titanium - Lapis Mokume M3-1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 173
  • Optimus Desire - XO Pen - 3.jpg
    Optimus Desire - XO Pen - 3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 166

JPMcConnel

I shift around between five or six pens, but I have one that I really like that is long like a desk pen in blue flexigran. I like to rotate my pens because I write every day and I like to change up on the color of the ink. I have a hankering to produce a real nice pen for myself in Bob Dupras' alumilite, so stay tuned, especially now that I have received my new Diamond Toolholders (already ground a new bit in 10% cobalt).

Attachments

• BluFlexigranDeskPenV2LRSRGB.jpg
    BluFlexigranDeskPenV2LRSRGB.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Envy 6SRGB.jpg
    Envy 6SRGB.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 161
  • AutumnPolyResin1SRGB.jpg
    AutumnPolyResin1SRGB.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 149
  • OtherTortoiseSRGB2.jpg
    OtherTortoiseSRGB2.jpg