What liquid makes the biggest amount of fun?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

No... not what you were thinking...

BUT for me...

10 gallons of alumilite clear is the funnest!!! (probably not a word, but im gonna roll with it)

Also, what do you guys transfer these into? I got some 1/2 gallon juice bottles that I am going to try. Because the nozzles would be pretty tough to use with a scale.

Attachments

• IMG_20130208_162405.jpg
    IMG_20130208_162405.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 192
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

BUT for me...

10 gallons of alumilite clear is the funnest!!! (probably not a word, but im gonna roll with it)

Also, what do you guys transfer these into? I got some 1/2 gallon juice bottles that I am going to try. Because the nozzles would be pretty tough to use with a scale.

Now, that what I'm talking about...!

Just for curiosity sake, how much did they set you back...??? in US$ dollars off-course, I will translate that into AU$, and I'm sure you will have a head spin when I tell you how much that would cost here...!:eek::frown:

Cheers
George

lorbay

BUT for me...

Just for curiosity sake, how much did they set you back...??? in US$ dollars off-course, I will translate that into AU$, and I'm sure you will have a head spin when I tell you how much that would cost here...!:eek::frown:

Cheers
George

Like wise in Canada.

Lin.

crabcreekind

BUT for me...

Cheers
George

Well, 10 gallons of alumilite clear is $510 plus shipping. But I got 10% off thanks to IAP. But I ordered some dyes and stuff too. So my order total was like $580

lorbay

BUT for me...

Cheers
George

Well, 10 gallons of alumilite clear is $510 plus shipping. But I got 10% off thanks to IAP. But I ordered some dyes and stuff too. So my order total was like $580
Now that's a deal

Lin.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Sterlite ultra seal sold at Target is a 2.2 qt pitcher that has a snap on sealable lid, with a cap on the pour spout that I use. Transfer it from the 5 gallon cans to the pitchers. about $5.00 each

robutacion

BUT for me...

Cheers
George

Sure, right at that price I would not be using PR but, and so that is not doubting of the prices I'm going to mention, I am providing the direct link of my PR supplier in Adelaide/Australia, about 60km from me, still the dangerous goods freight charges are about $50.00 for 1 x 20lt drum of clear PR and a box about 1 cubic foot with other items, such as acetone, hardener, Pearlex powders and other odds and ends. I don't want to know how much this same stuff would cost in freight/shipping to further locations in Australia.

Anyway, the price works out about AU$294.00 for a 1 x gallon, if you think I'm joking have a look here

Just absolutely ridiculous...!:mad::mad::mad:

Cheers
George

crabcreekind

BUT for me...

Cheers
George

Sure, right at that price I would not be using PR but, and so that is not doubting of the prices I'm going to mention, I am providing the direct link of my PR supplier in Adelaide/Australia, about 60km from me, still the dangerous goods freight charges are about $50.00 for 1 x 20lt drum of clear PR and a box about 1 cubic foot with other items, such as acetone, hardener, Pearlex powders and other odds and ends. I don't want to know how much this same stuff would cost in freight/shipping to further locations in Australia.

Anyway, the price works out about AU$294.00 for a 1 x gallon, if you think I'm joking have a look here

Cheers
George

Thats a bummer! shipping is just so dang expensive these days. Especially international. Unless of course you ship thousands of packages and make a deal with the shippers.
Maybe you could find another urethane resin supplier in Australia?

Jeannius

... Sure, right at that price I would not be using PR but, and so that is not doubting of the prices I'm going to mention, I am providing the direct link of my PR supplier in Adelaide/Australia, about 60km from me, still the dangerous goods freight charges are about $50.00 for 1 x 20lt drum of clear PR and a box about 1 cubic foot with other items, such as acetone, hardener, Pearlex powders and other odds and ends. I don't want to know how much this same stuff would cost in freight/shipping to further locations in Australia.

Cheers
George

At that price and that short distance (I drive around 65 miles a day to fetch and carry kids from the college bus) I would get in my car and go fetch it in person! Even losing the discount they offer it may still be cheaper to do it that way.

robutacion

... Sure, right at that price I would not be using PR but, and so that is not doubting of the prices I'm going to mention, I am providing the direct link of my PR supplier in Adelaide/Australia, about 60km from me, still the dangerous goods freight charges are about $50.00 for 1 x 20lt drum of clear PR and a box about 1 cubic foot with other items, such as acetone, hardener, Pearlex powders and other odds and ends. I don't want to know how much this same stuff would cost in freight/shipping to further locations in Australia.

Cheers
George

At that price and that short distance (I drive around 65 miles a day to fetch and carry kids from the college bus) I would get in my car and go fetch it in person! Even losing the discount they offer it may still be cheaper to do it that way.

I would need a lot more than that to buy this stuff at near $300 a gallon, how much would I need to charge per blank, just to cover the Resin costs...???

I hope you like driving, as this 60km each way would be a 4 hour trip, the amount of road works from here to the city (Adelaide) and the crazy traffic on these roads, puts you hairs on the back of you head, stand up like nails...!:eek::mad:

Unless absolutely necessary, I drive one day in 14 days, 25km each way on "easy" traffic/good roads, far away from the city, that is more than enough for me as I literally hate driving, now...!:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom