What kit for a desk pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allenworsham

I was talking to a friend at church tonight. He is starting up a new job in a new office and wants me to make him a desk set with a base and two pens that go in holders. What kit would work out wellfor this as I have not done anything like this yet? I know that I can pick up the metal pen holders at my local Rockler Woodworking Store and I have the wood already.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

This worked for me. A closed end slim line. Simple and still pretty elegant. Just an idea for you.

20083955614_desk%20set%20b650.jpg

Originally posted by allenworsham

I was talking to a friend at church tonight. He is starting up a new job in a new office and wants me to make him a desk set with a base and two pens that go in holders. What kit would work out wellfor this as I have not done anything like this yet? I know that I can pick up the metal pen holders at my local Rockler Woodworking Store and I have the wood already.

Thanks.
I used a slim kit for this pen set.

200839124638_desk%20pen%20corian.jpg

200839124736_Copy%20of%20desk%20pen%20004.jpg

ahoiberg

this one's a little off the wall but i did a closed end slimine also. i also used don ward's method of closed enders, i.e. no purchase of special mandrel. i don't know if they even make one for the slimline. next time i'll drill the hole a little better.

hawaiideskset2.jpg

rherrell

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

I do similar to Stevers and modify slimlines. Only problem is drilling a tapered funnel.

Frank, I use a small Uni-Bit, or some call it a stepped drill. It's shaped like a funnel and works pretty good.

J

jackrichington

can someone please point me to don ward's closed end slim ???

Top Bottom