What kit do you get to make a fountain pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Austin,

I admire the fact that a person your age wants to make a fountain pen. I would recommend you consider the Jr Gent II from woodturnerscatalog.com There are no tenons to turn and it is fairly straight forward. (Just make VERY sure your bushings are in the right order. Then, you might consider one of DCBluesman's semi-flex steel nibs to get a wonderful writing experience. Feel very free to PM me if you need anything.

OKLAHOMAN

Austin, PM me your address and I'll get a chrome Baron out to you if you promise that you'll learn to use a fountain pen. I'll include a set of bushings and a nib from Lou.

Austin,
Take Roy up on his offer... when I was your age, just a short time after the age of the quill pen, all of my school papers were required to be in ink, using a fountain pen, either ball points weren't invented yet or we were just not allowed to use them, can't remember back that far... learn to use a fountain pen. It will improve most people's penmanship - although I don't think it helped mine.

ldb2000

Austin , Roy has made you a fantastic offer . The Baron is a great first Fountain pen even with the stock nib and with one of Lou's nibs it will be a superb Writing Instrument .

hughbie

<lightly scratching his right jaw - doing his famous Marlon Brando impression> looks like Roy is making an offer he can't refuse!
at least i wouldn't....what a guy!
take him up on that one.....

OKLAHOMAN

Austin, still waiting for you to contact me so I can send you your new pen, but remember you have to keep and use it.
Hoping your gone for the holidays and will contact me when you get back....

Nick

This is what I like about this site. Everyone is so helpfull and generous. I am glad to be associated with such a great bunch of folks.
PM me your address and I will send you a blank for the pen Oklahoman is sending you.
Post a picture of your results. and best of luck, go slow and take your time and you will do well (don't forget the face mask)
Nick

Grizz

Banned
What ever looks good to you. But I'll second the CSUSA Jr. Gent.

Top Bottom