what kind of wood is this ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pen_Turner_297

does anybody else see something a little odd ?Not sure where i should have posted this but i thought some of you might like to see it.Let me know what you think.Thanks for looking and let me know what you see.

Attachments

• th_1270432662_PDR_1444.jpg
    th_1270432662_PDR_1444.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 370
  • th_1270432739_PDR_1448.JPG
    th_1270432739_PDR_1448.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 315
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Heartwood color and sapwood color are consistent with Bubinga. Bubinga also frequently exhibits similar waviness of grain. Is this Bubinga?? Not sure without a closer look see but that's what I would bet based on the PIX.
:):):)

robutacion

Well, I don't know that the wood is but you asked what we can see and I have to tell you, I see a alligator's/crocodile head in there...!:eek: that or my medication is playing tricks with my eyes and brain...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

George ,I thought i was seeing things also.You are the first one to post seeing some kind of animal.I might be wrong but to me it looks like an armadillo and a duck's head/lol.everybody look real close and see if you can figure it out.I resawed this wood to about a 3/8 inch thickness and the images are only on that piece of wood.

toddlajoie

I see a New Mexican Clifside, an aerial photo of a beach, a really sweet looking piece of bubinga, and a person who needs some tic-tac-toe etiquitte lessons, if you're gonna put you "o" in the center square, make sure it's IN the center square an not the other way around..

JerrySambrook

Todd,
He actually won a game of tic-tac-toe against himself in one move. and did it twice. thinking outside the "box" he covered both a vertical and horizontal line with one fell swoop.:rolleyes:
Excellent job:biggrin:

I was leaning toward a piece of madrone myself, as it looks similar to a piece I got from Bad Dog, with the wany edge as well

Jerry

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
There is an elephant "trumpeting" or whatever noise they make when they throw their trunks up with mouth open.

Either that . . . or Solitaire Tic-Tac-Toe

Lenny

I saw $$$$$ until I read the part about resawing it to 3/8" .... what style pen are you going to make with that? :)

Mark

I see a Sea Otter clinging to a coral reef. The wave is crashing over his head. I can even see the air bubbles rising to the surface.

Must be late. I'm off to bed. :wink:

HSTurning

First seen a duck with finch following
Second seen a horse with a rider that is falling off
Third seen a mouse/rat that is about to get clawed

elody21

If it is camphor you will know it as soon as it gets cut. Camphor has a very strong medicine smell. How heavy is it? I think I'll put my vote in for bubinga. The coloring looks right and so does the grain Alice

Top Bottom