What is the most indestructible ink?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

I have a customer that wants a pen for his wife that writes in the most permanent ink available. He is speaking specifically of ink that cannot be chemically erased from a check like most gels and oil based inks.

I have not heard of such an animal. I am hoping there is a refill out there (Parker, cross, rollerball) that makes such claims. Any ideas?

Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjackman

As Lou, I have also heard gel ink cartridges are supposed to do pretty well combating fraud.
Also, check out this link to various tests of Noodlers Bulletproof inks.

http://home.earthlink.net/~noodlersink/index.html

Gulfcoast

Redfishsc ---

this is an article about ink security that is on Daniels site---

http://yourdonspens.com/ink%20Security.html

Joe

Gulfcoast

The above listed links do not seem to conect ---

probably best to go to htpp://www.yourdonspens.com

and scoll down the page and click on PLEASE SEE THE ARTICLE

-- hope this works :)

JOE

Rudy Vey

Safe on checks are the Uniball refills from Sanford, the pilot G 2are not. Here is a link to some info on this issue;

http://www.moleskinerie.com/2006/06/pen_review_unib.html

redfishsc

Interesting articles.

However, does anyone know of a refill that fits our rollerball OR twist pens that claims to be invincible? This is what the customer (a gooooood customer) has requested of me, as he has heard wind of such. Basically he wants to buy peace of mind if the refill is extra.

Matt

mick

Like Lou said, Gel refills have received very favorable reviews as to being "laundry proof". That being said, Parker makes a Gel refill that's a direct fit for any of our twist pens that accept a Prker refill.

gerryr

Except that he wants a rollerball refill not a ballpoint. There was recently a topic about rollerball refills and someone stated that some Uniball refill would fit, but they didn't recall which one. You could go to someplace like Office Depot and compare the sizes of the Uniball refills to what we use.

txbob

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Except that he wants a rollerball refill not a ballpoint. There was recently a topic about rollerball refills and someone stated that some Uniball refill would fit, but they didn't recall which one. You could go to someplace like Office Depot and compare the sizes of the Uniball refills to what we use.

The Uniball Signo Micro 207 series replaces the Schmidt rollerball refills in most applications.
txbob

mick

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />Interesting articles.

However, does anyone know of a refill that fits our rollerball OR twist pens that claims to be invincible? This is what the customer (a gooooood customer) has requested of me, as he has heard wind of such. Basically he wants to buy peace of mind if the refill is extra.

Matt
[:D]

alamocdc

Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />Safe on checks are the Uniball refills from Sanford, the pilot G 2are not. Here is a link to some info on this issue;

http://www.moleskinerie.com/2006/06/pen_review_unib.html

Thanks for that, Rudy! I've been using (and recommending) the G2 refills for my roller ball customers that want a Gel. I will now go with the Uniball Signo Micro 207.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom