What is the best price for a mandrel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greg544

I need to order a new mandrel? What vendor offers the best prices for mandrels?

Also, I thought this would make more sense to post under IAP marketplace, but I don't have permission to post there. Where is the best place to post a question of this type?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I don't know if this is the "best price" for a mandrel, but I consider it a best value. It is adjustable, meaning that spacers are not required and the mandrel can be adjusted to the exact length which eliminates or minimizes "madrel whip"
http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1854&1
Several vendors have this part. Here is one.

As far as where this post belongs, I would think that tools, jigs and shop fixtures would be approaite.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you are close to a WoodCraft, you can get one there for about $5, last time I did it.

If you order on-line, the mandrel may be cheap, but there will be a cost of shipping.

Also, all mandrels are not created equal---look to see what threading you need to use your existing morse taper. (If you plan on buying the whole mandrel with the MT, then on-line may be the better plan--but if that's what you plan to do, you should consider the adjustable mandrels--they are NOT the cheapest, just BETTER --- Don't bend as readily.

Sorry you asked??

xxShadowxx

if you just need to replace the rod, check the vendor list and some go as low as $8 i believe
i just use plain steel rod, even cheaper :biggrin:

bitshird

Steve NO FAIR you live near a Woodcraft, it takes me two and a half hours to get there. let's see 260 mile round trip, at 20 MPG and gas at 2.29 a gallon, I guess I'll just mail order one, LOL besides If I went in there and started talking with David Sapp I'd spend a whole lot more than 3.75 for the mandrel, and then my mileage would also go down!!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I want to get my gas where you do.....

Steve NO FAIR you live near a Woodcraft, it takes me two and a half hours to get there. let's see 260 mile round trip, at 20 MPG and gas at 2.29 a gallon, I guess I'll just mail order one, LOL besides If I went in there and started talking with David Sapp I'd spend a whole lot more than 3.75 for the mandrel, and then my mileage would also go down!!!
I need to find where you're getting your gas --- I just paid $3.33.9 here.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm......

I need to order a new mandrel? What vendor offers the best prices for mandrels?

Also, I thought this would make more sense to post under IAP marketplace, but I don't have permission to post there. Where is the best place to post a question of this type?

I can't respond directly to your first question.

On your 2nd questiion - Unless you wanted to post a "wanted to buy" ad. I don't think IAP market place works for this type question.

greg544

On your 2nd questiion - Unless you wanted to post a "wanted to buy" ad. I don't think IAP market place works for this type question.

I don't understand what all of the forums are for. Until someone says I am posting in the wrong place, I'll just assume everything is good.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
You are....

I don't understand what all of the forums are for. Until someone says I am posting in the wrong place, I'll just assume everything is good.
In my opinion this forum is just fine for your question. Thie IAP Market Place is mainly for seller ads.

Top Bottom