What is "CA"?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

CA stands for "Cyanoacrylate".
It's a type of glue that is used for both gluing parts as well as used for a finish in some cases.

CA is the stuff you use to glue your fingers together if you are using medium or thick, or your fingers to everything else if using thin. The truly epic pen shop disaster stories ALL begin with, " I had this bottle of CA glue on the bench and...."

Rogersab1223

I've used CA to save many blown out blanks when I can find the pieces. On more than one occasion I've also used CA glue to adhere my finger to a blank.

(If you say it like you did it on purpose it doesn't sound as dumb!)

jimship15

If you take the nozzle off a larger bottle of CA to blow it out because it seems clogged, it will stick the nozzle to your lips. You then use acetone (CA remover) to unstick it from your lips (burns like Hades). Not a real big deal untill you turn around and see that your daughter has been watching and posting the event on Facebook.

babyblues

You can also use CA to texture the bed of your lathe. If you apply thin CA to a bowl blank and then start the lathe without giving it sufficient time to dry, the glue will spray out in an arc creating a nice textured look all the way up your arm, on the ceiling and your workbench. :(

76winger

I've been reading and replying for a couple years now and didn't know what DAMHIKT meant:confused:. I thought everyone was just sneaking a cuss word :eek: past the moderators based on how it seems to be placed in sentences a lot. :biggrin:

Top Bottom