what grit paper?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Just a quick question for those of you who square your blanks with a jig and disc sander...what grit sandpaper do you use on the disc? I'm thinking of giving it a try...

Thanks,
Max

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

I have 120 grit mounted on my disk sander. I don't use it too often since I got a pen mill, but it still gets used on occasion.

Jim

Max

great, thanks.

might as well buy the right paper to give it a try.

-Max

Max

I'm beginning to catch on here....as with responses to most questions posted ... everyone has their own method/opinion ... always comes back to, "give it a shot and see what you think"

thanks
-Max

OSCAR15

Of course everyone has their own methods.
Invest in a pen mill..It is much more accurate...

Originally posted by Max
<br />I'm beginning to catch on here....as with responses to most questions posted ... everyone has their own method/opinion ... always comes back to, "give it a shot and see what you think"

thanks
-Max

wayneis

NOT if you have the right jig. With the right jig the sander is accurite and quick.

Wayne

Originally posted by OSCAR15
<br />Of course everyone has their own methods.
Invest in a pen mill..It is much more accurate...

Originally posted by Max
<br />I'm beginning to catch on here....as with responses to most questions posted ... everyone has their own method/opinion ... always comes back to, "give it a shot and see what you think"

thanks
-Max

53Jim

Max,
Don't let the different answers confuse you. Sand paper is cheap. Pick up whatever grit feels good to you and give it a shot. Than try a different grit. Than maybe buy a pen mill.

Every person will have a different view/opinion. You'll find what works for you might not work for me, and vice versa.

Good luck.
Jim

Max

Yeah, Jim, I guess that's the way to go....but I do appreciate the advice guys[:)]

Thanks,
-Max

Pipes

I agree any snadpaper a work your comfortable with IF you are not use to using the disc sander go with a finer grit ! It won't eat your blank up :O) I use what ever I have handy I prefer to keep 100 grit on it in a worn condition ..60 or 80 grit is way to much for me I tend to get heavy handed ! I just changed mine today and all I had was 120 and it is just fine for me... its all what YOU like and get use to IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom