What Glue To Use With Curtis's Cactus Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I seem to remember that some one had a problem with CA glue and the cactus blanks Curtis sells when they darkened the tubes with a marker, it frosted the blank.[xx(]

What kind of glue should I use in this case please, thanks:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

martyb

The Cactus in my gallery is a clear cast, painted the drilled hole in the blank with black acrylic, then 5-min epoxy for the tube. Took a few coats of paint to get good even coverage.

LanceD

Can you remind me how you coloured your tubes in the red cactus Statesman you turned...Thanks[:D]

Jim, I used red Krylon spray paint. I sprayed some on a piece of plastic and applied the paint to the inside of the blank with a Qtip. Two or three coats about 20 minutes apart then spray painted a couple of coats on the tubes. Then I put the blank and tubes in front of a spot light for a couple of hours to quicken the drying time. After gluing the tubes in the blank I waited about 30 minutes before milling and turning the pen.

Lance

Originally posted by LanceD
<br />
Can you remind me how you coloured your tubes in the red cactus Statesman you turned...Thanks[:D]

Jim, I used red Krylon spray paint. I sprayed some on a piece of plastic and applied the paint to the inside of the blank with a Qtip. Two or three coats about 20 minutes apart then spray painted a couple of coats on the tubes. Then I put the blank and tubes in front of a spot light for a couple of hours to quicken the drying time. After gluing the tubes in the blank I waited about 30 minutes before milling and turning the pen.

Lance

Thanks again Lance, You are very kind to share...I appreciate that.[;)][;)]

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Jim,

Another good way to paint the inside of the blank is to use nail polish. Testor's model paint also works well. Both are nice and thick to provide good coverage.

Once the inside of the blank is painted then you can use any glue you want. I usually use medium CA.

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />Jim,

Another good way to paint the inside of the blank is to use nail polish. Testor's model paint also works well. Both are nice and thick to provide good coverage.

Once the inside of the blank is painted then you can use any glue you want. I usually use medium CA.

Thanks Curtis....[8D]

I still remember that one post some one had a problem with the CA going white inside the clear blank. Hope you are well and again I am bout to spind one of the coloured ones....it's kind of exciting ...eh![:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom