What do you guys think of this lathe stand?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Right now, my lathe is on my fixed/stationery workbench which is about 6 inches higher than it should be for comfortably turning pens. I am 6' but still have to stand on a stool when turning. I have actually gotten used to it, but not the safest thing in the world. This received 1 star (by accident). I just don't want to buy a piece of junk or have to ship it back. Please let me know if you own(ed) one at would you recommend. Thank you as always.

Heavy Duty Mini/Midi Lathe Stand at Penn State Industries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

There are several 'home/hand made' stands that have been posted within the IAP.
Some of them look wonderful and have a lot of "thinking: put into them. I would search these postings before spending any money on a store stand.

In my opinion.......they look and work much better then this one looks on paper.

winterwood

Hi Tony
Just some food for thought. Both of my sons have mini lathes and build there own stands. They used 4x4's for the frame and 1.5 inch spruce for the top. They are very solid and look nice also.
D

TonyL

I like how that food tastes! I am made an awesome workbench when I lived in NY our of 5/4 and 2 x 4s. I would love to see their plans or pics. Thank you!

singer

Right now, my lathe is on my fixed/stationery workbench which is about 6 inches higher than it should be for comfortably turning pens. I am 6' but still have to stand on a stool when turning. I have actually gotten used to it, but not the safest thing in the world. This received 1 star (by accident). I just don't want to buy a piece of junk or have to ship it back. Please let me know if you own(ed) one at would you recommend. Thank you as always.

Heavy Duty Mini/Midi Lathe Stand at Penn State Industries

Being of tight money, I used an old Singer sewing machine base with a piece mounted to it. Works for me.

Top Bottom