"WHAT ARE YOU...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JasonF

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonF

GOING TO DO WITH ALL THAT!?!" my wife exclaimed when I pulled up with this:

20069201520_WoodinTruck.jpg

Well, make pens of course. Most of the wood is plain, but there is some pretty stuff mixed in. Here is the first one I have made, chrome designer finished with outdoor gloss Varathane:

200692015342_1stFloorPen.jpg

A local school was getting a new gym floor and I happened to drive by just before they hauled it away. I never would have given it a second thought, but when I visited with Don Ward several months ago he showed me some of pens he made from the floor of his school's gym. Thanks again Don!

I went back the next day for more wood, but it had been hauled off :(.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

You should make pens, have them engraved and sell them to the townspeople as a momento from the gym! That is the main reason I'm trying to get them to give me a new gym floor!!!!

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Yeah man, gym floors are the treasure troves of the pen world.

Did that myself a few years ago. Especially the 'old timers', and new grads. Engraved their name and school letters and class of on them. Like "BHS Class of '55". Even made a wholesale deal with the school foundation and they sold some as a fund raiser.

GBusardo

AWESOME!!! What comes to my mind is get them engraved with "CLASS OF 2007" and engrave some kids name on one. Show it to the principle and say somehting like, I can sell these to you for $ slap in a number you feel comfortable with. It would be a great fund raiser for the graduating class. I spent about 10 bucks for a ceramic beer mug with my name on it back in 1974. Not sure it would fly and I guess it depends on how large your high school is, but we generated enough cash with that fund raiser to help pay the Drifters to play at our prom!
Good luck and great find!!
Gary
PS, I bet our wives had a class on what to say when we show up with a load of wood, mine said the same thing when I showed up with a free load of clear ceder too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom