What are we to do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

With CUSA discontinuing the Emperor and Imperial, and Lotus pen there is very few choices for high end pen kits. Which is a shame.

So what is left; Majestic [PSI] and Cambridge[Berea] That's very little choice.

It would be nice if management from CUSA would address this issue. Is there something down the road in the pipe line It be nice to have some idea. Rumors are nice but facts are better.

So what are the choices? Anyone....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Although perhaps not as 'blingy', but there is still the Statesman.
Full size pens aren't massively popular in the UK, but I'm surprised that CSUSA is stopping them. I thought these bib pens were very popular in USA. Maybe they are making small changes and want to get rid of the current stock.

PenMan1

The Statesman is not popular here. The Majestic and Maj. Jr. are much better recieved. However, customers complain about the overall size of the majestic and the tiny littl nib on the Maj, Jr.

I think I am ready to buy 500 Emperors, 500 Lotus and 500 Imperials. Think I'll get me 500 Regency pens while I'm at it.

I'll bet I can sell off what I don't use here!

PenWorks

If they are as popular as you say, CSU would not be discontinuing them. Why would you discontinue a product you are making good margins on? I really don't think the demand is there for those pens. The Lotus was a dud, the Emperor was better and the Imperial sold the best for me. Penn State seems to come out with a new pen in every catalog they put out, some good some bad, but at least they are experimenting, take a look.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Check PSI

While this is not an endorsement of PSI kits because I've never used their high end stuff, their latest catalog lists a few of new high end kits designed by David Broadhull...I think they are offering a starter package that includes bushings.

Russianwolf

While this is not an endorsement of PSI kits because I've never used their high end stuff, their latest catalog lists a few of new high end kits designed by David Broadhull...I think they are offering a starter package that includes bushings.

If they weren't all Postable, I would buy some. But I don't do postable fountain pens kits. They are just too top heavy.

Top Bottom