What a difference a good blade makes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Well call me cheap or a fool but today I learned the importance of a good bandsaw blade, I have a 14" Rigid that I had put a Rigid blade on to cut some ironwood up the other day and you know how that came out. So today I went and picked up an Olsen skip tooth 5/8" blade and cut some more up and I am here to tell you what a difference it went through the ironwood so smoothly and quickly I was amazed. So imho which I ILTHW (I Learned the Hard Way) time to save my pennies and invest in nothing but good blades the best I can get.
I also made a good deal at an estate sale today 2 Carbide tipped finishing blades for my tablesaw and an adjustable DADO blade for $3.00. Anyways just my views.
Jerry

Rick_G

Jerry, you now know what many of the rest of us figured out the hard way as well, a good blade can make all the difference in the world. Good score at the estate sale.

Seer

I just cut most of the ironwood up into 7/8" to 1" boards to resaw into blanks or sell the ones as is so someone else can cut there own blanks. These can also be resawn into thinner pieces for other uses. There are checks in every board but some of the sapwood is amazing lots of color and culrs and swirls.
I did find a couple of old pieces of buckshot in the piece I cut as well.
The pices below are from 2 pieces and I hope the sapwood comes out ok. I think I will try and turn a pen from it for the heck of it too pretty to waste.

Attachments

• IMG_3239_resize.jpg
    IMG_3239_resize.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3237_resize.jpg
    IMG_3237_resize.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3238_resize.jpg
    IMG_3238_resize.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3240_resize.jpg
    IMG_3240_resize.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3241_resize.jpg
    IMG_3241_resize.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 142

jocat54

Jerry, I to learned the importance of a good blade--I fought with the band saw until I broke down and bought a Highlands wood slicer blade-man what a difference.

Top Bottom